Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Thrill of It (No Regrets #1) by Lauren Blakely

I really wanted to love this one, especially since the prequel "The Start of Us" gives you a wide hint as to what this one is going to be about which is quite different than anything I've read, and then 20% through I just decided to give up. 20% through and all Harley and Trey have to say is right about the same thing over and over again. 
I'll give you the summary, both Trey and Harley are sort of addicted to Sex and Love. I still don't really "get" how Harley used to be a call girl who didn't do anything more than kiss the men she met but whatever. Trey supposedly was addicted to having sex with older women. All this is disclosed in the novella that started this series yet this data is repeated over and over again without anything happening in the book, and without any progress in both the characters, they want each other, they can't have each other, they miss their old lives, they hide everything from everyone except from one another (though there is something Trey doesn't tell Harley). 

The general feel of the book is there is too much that isn't revealed, too many hints and half thoughts that instead of make me want to read so I know what's to come or actually what happened to bring them to this point, I'm just, well, bored. There is a very interesting element in this one, and I want to hear their HEA because it's obvious they both love each other even if they are just friends but it's basically over and over of the same, same thoughts in each of their heads, too many things that left unsaid. 

So yeah, it was a DNF at 20%. I tried reading more but I just couldn't. I hate writing negative reviews, hating not finishing a book, but I can't discard my feelings.. 
I won't be reading more in the series. 



 (DNF 20%) 

Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 275 pages, 3-5 August 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment