Friday, February 21, 2014

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole

I do apologize but I'm just, well, bored. 
The first chapter was terrible and the explanation is so simple - I didn't understand anything. Anything at all. Who is he, who is he rooting for, where are they, what time in history and I could go on but I can't remember any of the character mentioned.
Then we moved on to the two main heroes, I didn't feel anything to any one of them. They were like instruments to greedy sex. Even the "sex scenes" were boring to me.


I just didn't feel connected to anything that happened since there was no real scenery to anything. There is no "world" there is just here and the two of them wanting each other while not wanting each other. What's the point I'm asking. Isn't there a plot after reading 50% of this novella? Nothing at all that actually resembles a plot?
I see from the reviews it "gets better" that the next books (actually from about the 3rd or 4th book)have much higher ranking but seriously? I have so many book I WANT to read in my list I can't be bothered to read 4 books I'm not interested in just to get to the "good part".

I feel bad writing this review, especially since I haven't even finished this novella, I just simply can't. I know Kresley has many fans but as it seems I'm not one of them. I guess a lot of people would enjoy the sex banter between the two of them. The "games" they play with each other. For me it's not enough to keep me going.

 (DNF 50%)

Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 165 pages, 20-21 February 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment